Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.......

The weather outside is frightful....




Uhhh, I don't know the rest of the song but it sure fits.


Poor chickens and turkeys but the geese aren't cold, with their goose down and all but they were very happy when the snow melted a little and they could munch a little here and there.




What is that, 4-6 inches, yikes.


Very pretty, not so pretty to drive through though.


Brrrrrrrrrr!


Please don't freeze my blackberries.

Puppy, the Sheltie asks "Is anyone going to to let us in??..Please??


"Where are they??? Why aren't they coming!"




"I think I see someone!!"

"Yes, there she is!! Finally! Why aren't you letting me in.....please let me in"


"PLEASE!!!!!!!"



OUCH! We butchered 35 chickens and about 15 turkeys Saturday and my fingers were killing me. I think I cut my finger tips everytime I cut the turkeys, their revenge. I had more bandaids on my other hand but I can't take a picture with no hand so you only see one.


Our awesome Heritage Turkey that we had for Thanksgiving Dinner today. It was an older bird, maybe 18 months old. Very tasty and good, not tough at all even though it was older. Most of what we butchered were six to eight months old. I hope the customers who bought them were as happy with theirs as we were with ours.



My mom does not like turkey so I roasted one of our Cornish Cross meat chickens for her. She was very happy.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
Til next time,
Beth

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ooooh... those pictures make me SHIVER!! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas there...(isn't that a song? LOL)
The turkey looks dee-lish!